Friday, August 13, 2021

Changing Rules Society

 There was a piece written today for Welt....by Ulrike Guerot, which goes to a discussion over the Covid ban-rules, and the ever moving 'goal-posts' of expectations of the virus folks and politicians.  I'd recommend a read of the column.

Her title for the piece?  "I Ask For an Irrevocable Promise".

She wants all of the primary characters to just sign up to one single 'verse' of handling the virus, and not go back month after month....to change things.

Getting this?  I'd say it's less than a 5-percent chance of this ever happening.

For a process-driven society (the people who make BMWs and Porsches), it's extremely obvious how crapped-up this change atmosphere has become.  I would recommend all of the politicians and virus gurus go spend three months at the VW/Audi assembly plant.

Will her piece go and make people think about this?  I would imagine so, but the question is....can you flip the political establishment into just coming to one single plan, and then stick with it?  I have doubts.  

2 comments:

BerlinBuck said...

Very interesting mention. I searched for this article in Welt.de and in my search engine and found mention of the author but no link. Perhaps if you update have to update your post you might include a link. Sounds like good common sense so I would like to read the entire thing. Thanks.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

Oddly, Welt/N24 put it under 'culture' not Covid news. Listed at: https://www.welt.de/kultur/plus233072471/Corona-Massnahmen-Wer-garantiert-ein-Ende-der-Ueberwachung.html