Monday, July 11, 2022

News Chatter

 I sat and watched a piece off YouTube....channel '1420'....which deals with questions posed to Russians on the street.  Topic today?  'Why annex Ukrainian regions, if it wasn't the original intended goal'.

So in the midst of this street Q-and-A.....one Russian women says it in a blunt way.....she's quit watching the news because she doesn't believe anything they say....period.

She's not just talking about about the conflict, or politics in Russia.....she means all news.

For about 15 years, I've been asking questions over news content....not just in the US, but in Europe and around the world.  I reached a level of skepticism.  In fact, I've reached a point where I'd rather hear some personal opinion of a guy off the street than a journalist.

More people today in Europe and the US.....who have turned off the news and just said....it doesn't matter?  I'd go and suggest that probably 5-percent of society limit or marginalize what they hear for news.  That number will probably increase in the future....with more people losing trust.  

We are a different society today, than 20 years ago.

No comments: