Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Two Natural Gas/Germany Stories Today

 I sat and watched N-24 news today (associated with Welt).  Two curious things came up.

First, it's now openly discussed within the government that a mandate could be handed down, and house/apartment temperatures could be 'ordered' to stand at 18 C (64.4 F).....for this winter.  

How this would work?  Unknown.  

I just can't see audits or government guys coming around to check your kitchen temperature.  

The fact that you might heat via natural gas to 18C, and then run some portable heater (off electricity) to raise it four degrees during the 5 PM to 10 PM period?  It would be legal....far as I can see.

Second thing?  That repaired compressor for the natural gas flow (Nord Stream I) from Russia to Germany....will be turned on tomorrow.  Flow should start again......unless some new dynamic starts up.

Oh, and I should mention here....FDP Party brought up fracking again today.  It'll be a weekly thing and I suspect by March of 2023.....some fracking mandate will be approved by the coalition government.....allowing it.

No comments: