Monday, July 25, 2022

The 'Rich-in-Color' Weather Chatter

 I sat last night and observed the 7 PM ZDF weather 'minute'....where they did the temperature setting for Monday.....where the color tint is lined up with their heat pattern.

You are free to watch the piece.

There's no doubt that most all of the German news-weather folks (public/commercial) do some version of tint-color business....using dark-red for temperatures, and its' mostly up to their feeling.....how RED you really need to go.

Being done in the past twenty years?  I would just say that it's slowly been introduced in the past couple of years.  But it's also a dynamic for winters....where ultra-blue is used for arctic conditions.

The thing I have against it....where you have a temperature setting of 20 to 30 C (68 to 86 F).....I really don't consider it hot.  To me....that setting ought to be a neutral gray color.  Maybe if it did get to 36 C or above....some ultra-red tint then.  

So far in my area of central Germany for 2022?  It's only been to the extreme of 35 C about four days, and maybe from 30 to 34 maybe eight days.  For the next week?  Pattern appears to be 25 to 28 C the whole time....which just isn't that hot.  

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong?  Well....I grew in Alabama where hot muggy summers are just plain normal.  I spent four years in Arizona where 40 C to 45 C was considered normal.  And I spent three years in Panama where it was 28 to 32 C mostly all-year-round.

Yes, I'm a anti-tint person....just give me the facts....not the 'color-sales-job'.  

No comments: